Hellbabe HB01 Review

manufacturer: Behringer date: 03/01/2006 category: Bass Effects
Behringer: Hellbabe HB01
This multi-functional Wah-Wah pedal offers everything you need for virtually all styles and sounds. Different from most pedals the Hellbabe uses complete optical control for wear-and-tear-free pedal operation (no mechanical pots and switches) plus it features a unique spring-back pedal mechanism with resistance adjustment for the ultimate freedom in playing styles.
 Ease of Use: 9
review (1) 5 comments vote for this gear:
Hellbabe HB01 Reviewed by: bahizta-fclef, on march 01, 2006

Purchased from: Sound Space

Ease of Use: I just bought this pedal last January. It's easy to use, just rock that pedal back and forth and you get a good wah-wah sound. The manual that came with this was just a sheet of paper, but I guess you'll just have to turn the knobs and look for that sound you want to hear. // 9

Sound: I use it with my Ibanez RD500 4 string bass and a 15 watt samick. I've tried it with bigger amps and it sounded much better. It's not so noisy really, it sounds ok. It'll only sound noisy when you turn the boost button on. The effects are good, very fluid wah-wah sounds, especially when I hit the mid notes or do slap and pop. I like the scratch sound it makes when I rock the pedal while doing muted slap-pop. I can get the sound of POT (a local band in the Philippines) perfectly with this pedal. I haven't tried this pedal with any other effects. Well, to cut this short, this pedal is a good one for a first wah-wah. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I suppose it's tough enough. Even if it's made of rubberized plastic and only the bottom is metal. I've used it in one performance and it was good. It's dependable so I'm not worried. I have faith in German technology. // 9

Overall Impression: All kinds of music but I play mostly funk and alternative. It's a good match. I even used this during the recording of my group's graduation song. I've been playing bass for more than 2 years already. I don't have any other effects. If it were stolen, I guess I'll buy another HBO1 or save up some more and buy a Dunlop CryBaby for bass. I like this one because it sounds good with my bass. I just don't like the fact that it's not made entirely of metal but it's alright I guess. I like it's circuitry most of all, the Germans have made such good work with this thing. I compared it with a Dunlop CryBaby for the bass. It matched the sound somehow. I chose it because it's the only one available in my country (I have to order the Dunlop outside the country) and I was on a budget. I just wish it had a tougher outer covering and a snack dispenser. // 8

Comments