CEB-3 Bass Chorus review by Boss

• Reviewer's score: 4 Poor
Boss: CEB-3 Bass Chorus

Purchased from: Marks Music

The guitar I am using is a Westfield precission bass and a Peavey Combo 115. All the sounds I try to get out of the pedal are very weak. I've tried this pedal through many different amps and guitars of my mates and they all agree with me that it is a bad pedal compared to other Boss products.

As for music styles, this pedal would not suit any type of music. If this product was lost or stolen, I would be relieved! I would not recommend this product to anyone, not even my worst enemy.

As for reliability, I am never going to gig with this pedal again. I have only gigged with it twice. The first time, it cut out so I was not getting any sound at all. after testing all my leads, guitars and amp, I realised that it was the pedal that cut my sound off. So I took it out of my rig straight away. I sent it off to be repaired and they gave me a brand new one in return. So at the next gig I tried it and the exact same thing happened. I would not recommend this pedal to anyone on reliability standards.

The pedal not up to usual Boss standards. To begin with, no matter how hard I try, I am unable to get a sound which I would like. The manual which came with the pedal does give a lot of helpful information. But, l when it gives you different settings to get different sounds, I am not inpressed at all with the sounds which I am given.