CEB-3 Bass Chorus review by Boss

Boss: CEB-3 Bass Chorus

Purchased from: Coda Music

I'm using this with an Epiphone Thunderbird IV and a Hartke Kickback 15 bass amp, and it works very well with both. Obviously with all the settings turned up you get a very funky sound perfect for bass only music. If you're looking for something slightly less obvious you can turn down the settings and get a nice subtle effect for more guitar orientated songs. It sounds good and wobbly, like it should, and like a previous reviewer said, you can make some pretty unique sounds with it, but you need to spend time fiddling to get to grips with it fully. It it also good for recreating some songs by famous bands who have used chorus effects. I played Metallica's "King Nothing," and I managed to almost totally match Jason Newsted's bass sound on this device, and being a massive 'Tallica fan, I was dead chuffed about that.

I play a mix of blues (in a Blues Brothers tribute band) and rock 'n' roll/metal/punk covers. The chorus can add a new twist to the blues songs, but nothing I think I could add to the band. Although that's more to do with the band rather than the pedal. It's good for a lot of songs I know, be they chorus specific or not. I've been playing for about six months, and am learning the basics of soloing and it's great to be able to add a new sound to a solo. If it was stolen I would buy it again, as I enjoy using it, and love the sounds it can make. The only thing I would say is that if you're interested in this pedal, try it out first, as it may not be to everyone's liking. But I love it.

It seems of sturdy make, and I've had no problems with it yet. I think the guy who reviewed it and it broke may have had a bad model. I would use it in a gig with no back-up, but unfortunatly my band has no use for chorus in our songs yet. It's great fun to play with on my own though, so I'm not complaining.

I went into my local shop and had a little doodle on this, and it's really fun. I find it easy to use, and it's reasonably easy to get a good sound out of it. Although it prefers more high end notes, which is great if you like a little bass solo/melody. The manual is just a few pages, but then again it's not rocket science to figure out how to use it!

aaciseric
    This pedal seems ok but I honestly think the Digitech Bass Chorus is better, more capabilities and better sounds, the unregistered review is what I would of expected of this pedal.