GEB-7 7-Band Bass EQ review by Boss

Boss: GEB-7 7-Band Bass EQ

Price paid: € 29

Purchased from: Local resale shop

I used it with my Fender Marcus Miller Jazz Bass through my Ashdown EB12 and various other pedals. The pedal works well, and does what it's supposed to. The recommended settings work well, and I'm able to achieve my own sound easily. The volume control is very handy if you need to boost the volume for a particular song, or to do the opposite. Bearing in mind mine is second hand, it works really well! The only problem I have, is that the high frequency bands don't seem to work very well, and there is minimal difference. The pedal works well if you have a preset slap eq, and then Switch between that and the EQ on your amp.

The pedal does what it's supposed to, and do is it well. It's solidly built and sounds great. The recommended settings are useful as starter ideas to find your own sounds & I would happily recommend this pedal to anybody that needs an EQ pedal. It works especially well for slap & finger styles. I own several basses (Fender) and it works equally as well with each! If it were lost or stolen, I would defineately invest in another!

Like all Boss stomp boxes, it's built like a tank and will last a while. This is secondhand, bashed about and still works fine! The only problem I find is that the plastic covers on the sliders break really easily, so look out for that. I'de happily use this pedal without a backup.

Well it does what it says on the tin... it's a 7-Band bass EQ pedal, it's grey, and looks like every other Boss pedal. It's really easy to use, you just move one of the sliders to cut or boost each frequency band. There is also a volume slider, which works in the same way. I bought it second hand, but I used the online instructions, which were helpful, and included some recommended settings.

SmellKellHell
    Is there much difference between a BASS and GUITAR eq pedal? - can I just use a guitar eq pedal with a bass?