GT-6B Bass Effects Processor review by Boss

Boss: GT-6B Bass Effects Processor

Right now I'm just using it for recording. Alot of the effects are just the same ones from the GT-5, however they do sound better- more aligned with the frequencies of the bass. For example, the synth and octave effects didn't "grab" onto the note very well from the GT-5 but seem to be attaching good to the lows on my bass from the GT-6b. The GT-5 was a nitemare for Bass live from venue to venue because the tones of the effects where so different depending on the size of the room, some nights distortions were way too loud, and other nights they seemed washed out. I was always tweaking sounds night after night during sound checks to get it right. I'm an effects heavy Bass player, I'm hoping that the GT-6b will be better, but I don't know if it will be because most the sound are just the same. I'll have to see, it's worth a try. (I'm still just trying it out.)

I played Bass for the Band Videodrone, And we were a effects heavy experimental band that toured with Korn and Rob Zombie. No one realized until the end of the tour that my effects were never in the house, so the only ears being blasted out by the heavy distortions were my own. I'm recording now, and I'll give this GT-6b some time, if I don't like it I'll send it back. So far I think I really like it.

Just make sure nobody steps on your patch cables, it will crack you circuit board and you will have to replace it. Your sounds will be gone forever. Also your dial is vulnerable, and if it gets loose you will find it to be slow and going to the wrong thing if you go too fast. (I hate that) That's why I rarely ever use my GT-5 anymore. GT-6b is going to be the same way. Everything else is very very sturdy though.

For me, and I've only had the thing for 2 days, it it 2nd nature since I have a GT-5 that I use to use with my Bass set up before they had specific bass pedals in that price range and quality. If you're new with it. It's gonna take awhile.