GT-6B Bass Effects Processor review by Boss

Boss: GT-6B Bass Effects Processor

Purchased from: EBay

Using Hohner B-Bass V with Peavy Basic 112 combo amp. I found absolutely no noise was created by this unit. It is very clean and the effects are clear. I found each of the effects do exactly what they are supposted to, but I never liked the sound of an octaver, so I found this effect the most useless. The distortion does not quite reach super-heavy sounds, but it is adequate. The compression/limiter is near perfect.

I play mostly rock (alternative, grunge, classic, hard, & metal), blues, and some jazz. This box has all of the sounds I could ever wish to use, I bet. The one major complaint I have about it is, when switching patches, the control knobs jump to the level of the knob, instead of the pre-programmed level. I compared this to similar models by Zoom, Korg, DigiTech, & DOD. I felt this one had better sound, and is built bullet-proof. I would recommend it to anyone who needs more than two or three floor pedals.

Stand on it, drop it down the stairs. You can't beat this thing. I had mine about 6 months and it shows no signs of wear. Based upon my previous experience with Boss, and looking at the design of this unit, I suspect it would survive a ground-zero nuclear blast. Well, almost.

There were several pre-programmed patches that were great and many I found useless or silly. Choosing a patch is very easy. Editing a patch is straight-forward, but time consuming because of the multitude of options. The manual is excellent; its easy to find what you are looking for once you know the correct terms. (Unmodified unit.)