GT-6B Bass Effects Processor review by Boss

Boss: GT-6B Bass Effects Processor

This unit has kickass sound I'm using it with everything from a Warwick to a Ibanez GSR200 and a 15" Peavy 150w amp TKO EQ. It has very good dist and od and very good various FX. My only complant is some of the compressors are a bit noisy and the Octave effect can really do damage to an amp if not used correctly. You can get jazz rock metal any sound you want outa this baby.

This is a good match for any genre me personaly I play metal and rock Children Of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Chevelle and SOAD. It has caught every sound I throw at it and atempt to make. It takes time but if you want a sound badly enough this processor can help you through the long haul. I've been playing for about 5 years now and I play music as a part time proffesion. Got this product as a beginner with FX and I was really confused. Repeat if you are a beginner start with something smaller and easier. Compared to the other products DigiTech is throwing out there this one is way better much less noise. If I lost this sucker I would go within an hour to get a new one.

This thing is built like a tank not plastic here nice metal frame and body I could (wouldn't but could) drop this thing of the back of a truck and jump onto it. I honestly don't believe it would hurt it. Unless there is an amp cord plugged in one step on a plug for a cord on the back of this baby and youll crack the chip inside and then its go buy another one (which I would do well worth it.

This particular item is not for newbies I highly recommend you figure out what sound you are trying to find on a cheaper FX processor. This has alot of FX but it is kind of challanging to get tones and volumes from one patch to the other close because of it saving. Knob setting other than that it is pretty self explanitory if you know about what your doing like, what a compressor is and the difference between od and dist. The manuel is great, it explains everything you need to know without being an idiots guide though it explain it does speak as if to advcanced player not for beginners.

poguedg
    I bought the GT-6B a 2 weeks ago and have played with it for days to try to make it a usable appliance for shaping my bass sound for studio work. I am playing an Gibson EB3 into a GK 600 Base amp head with feeds to my Yamaha AW2400 24-track workstation. I found that the fullness of sound I was looking for through the effects processor was not what I was hoping for. The effects seemed very trebley even with the base on the equilizer turned all the say up. I was able to get better sound running one feed from my bass directly to the board and the other to the GT-6B. That way I could get the fullness of bass by the direct feed and minimize the effects tinnyness by reducing the gain on the effects channel. I found the octave chorusing uncontrollable and weak. Perhaps I have not played with it enough or want too much, but, I was able to get better sound and chorusing with the ME50. I am going to return the 6B.