LMB-3 Bass Limiter Enhancer review by Boss

Boss: LMB-3 Bass Limiter Enhancer

This pedal is very good. I don't use the enhancer feature because it is too noisy anywhere past like 3. But I didn't buy it for that feature, I bought it for compression. The compression sounds great and it helps me to play as fluid and fast as I want to without worrying about a note not being loud enough or a note being louder than the rest. I do a lot of tapping and this pedal helps my tapping to stand out a lot better than it would without compression. I use a 10:1 ratio and my threshold is set to about 6 o' clock. This pedal is the best compression pedal I've ever tried. I love it.

I play stuff from classic rock to modern and metal and write my own music too. I've been playing for about 3 and a half years now and played drums for 5 years before switching to guitars 3 and a half years ago. This pedal is really great. The only bad thing is the enhancer feature has a lot of hiss but I don't even care about the enhancer, I bought it for its compression so I don't use the enhancer. The compression already makes your bass sound better without the enhancer. I'd recommend this to anyone, it's the best compression you can get in a pedal in my opinion. It rocks!

It's really reliable and is built tough like a tank. I would use it in a gig without a backup. It is something to depend on and the compression on it is great.

It is very easy to get the compression doing what you want. The manual tells you how compression works and tells you some settings of compression that you might want to usee. It has a gain knob like all pedals. You have a ratio knob and a threshold knob. Use the ratio knob to control how much compression is applied to the signal and the threshold knob is the level at which compression is added to the signal. It had an enhancer knob which smooths out the audio signal and makes your bass sound better than it is.

mark.n.mason
    Geszobass, This pedal is a Compressor. An EQ is a frequency level equalizer. They have different functions, are used differently, and do different things to you sound. A bass player often needs BOTH a compressor/limiter and an EQ.