LMB-3 Bass Limiter Enhancer Review

9.4
 6,998
reviews (2) 4 comments vote for this gear:
LMB-3 Bass Limiter Enhancer Reviewed by: Unchain, on august 10, 2005

Ease of Use: Smoothes out your playing by eliminating harsh volume peaks, even when using dynamic slap and pop techniques. Ratio and threshold knobs allow precise control of limiting parameters. // 10

Sound: The sound is amazing, not only for slap, but for fingerstyle and pick play as well. I'm using a modded P-Bass through a Crybaby Bass Wah into a Hartke B90 with this placed in the effects loop. Using it as the last stop before the speaker insures proper limiting and compression. I use it with Enhance at 1 o'clock, Ratio at 2:30, and Threshold at about 9:30. Perfect limiting/compression! // 10

Overall Impression: Since I play music which very percussive attacks are made (funk/metal) this helps make my bass feel like it's "in control." Some rigs may sound good, but they just don't "feel" right. This single pedal cuts down on those annoying volume spikes and drops (great for helping tapping sound like a normal finger attack). The only compressor in a pedal form that I feel is better than this is the Electro-Harmonix Black Finger. This is a great pedal for the price! Enhance your tone for a few bucks and finally sound like the bass in your head without being sloppy. // 10

LMB-3 Bass Limiter Enhancer Reviewed by: rockerc, on april 14, 2006

Ease of Use: It is very easy to get the compression doing what you want. The manual tells you how compression works and tells you some settings of compression that you might want to usee. It has a gain knob like all pedals. You have a ratio knob and a threshold knob. Use the ratio knob to control how much compression is applied to the signal and the threshold knob is the level at which compression is added to the signal. It had an enhancer knob which smooths out the audio signal and makes your bass sound better than it is. // 10

Sound: This pedal is very good. I don't use the enhancer feature because it is too noisy anywhere past like 3. But I didn't buy it for that feature, I bought it for compression. The compression sounds great and it helps me to play as fluid and fast as I want to without worrying about a note not being loud enough or a note being louder than the rest. I do a lot of tapping and this pedal helps my tapping to stand out a lot better than it would without compression. I use a 10:1 ratio and my threshold is set to about 6 o' clock. This pedal is the best compression pedal I've ever tried. I love it. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It's really reliable and is built tough like a tank. I would use it in a gig without a backup. It is something to depend on and the compression on it is great. // 10

Overall Impression: I play stuff from classic rock to modern and metal and write my own music too. I've been playing for about 3 and a half years now and played drums for 5 years before switching to guitars 3 and a half years ago. This pedal is really great. The only bad thing is the enhancer feature has a lot of hiss but I don't even care about the enhancer, I bought it for its compression so I don't use the enhancer. The compression already makes your bass sound better without the enhancer. I'd recommend this to anyone, it's the best compression you can get in a pedal in my opinion. It rocks! // 9

Comments