ODB-3 Bass Overdrive review by Boss

Boss: ODB-3 Bass Overdrive

Purchased from: Music Stop

The bass I use with this pedal is a B\.C\. Rich Bronze Series Warlock and the amplifier I'm using with this pedal is a Traynor Bass Mate 25. The pedal can be noisy if you turn everything up to max. The distortion on this pedal is great and I can get the sound of my favorite artists such as Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Anthrax, Black Sabbath, Black Label Society, Exodus and Pantera. I can get Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth) by Metallica to sound pefect on this pedal and can get Caught In A Mosh by Anthrax and I can get the Metallica version of Am I Evil? almost sounding perfect.

The styles of music I play are thrash/speed metal, black metal, NWOBHM, death metal and a little bit of nu-metal. I only been playing a bass for not even two weeks and I can play almost all of Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth), most of Am I Evil? all of Bad Omen, all of Dawn Patrol, all of Paranoid and most of the other songs that are on the Kill 'Em All album. Other gear that I own are an Epiphone SG Special, Traynor Reverb Mate 30, Korg AX10G, Planet Waves cables and a Levy's guitar strap. Before I bough this product I wish that I tried out the Electro-Harmonix Big Muff but I'll try it the next time I go to a music store if they have it. I wouldn't know how this pedal would get stolen or lost because it never leaves my room. I love this pedal very much I like it way better than my guitar pedal. Even though this is a bass pedal I compared this pedal to a DigiTech Hot Head and a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone. The two Boss pedals are about the same but this pedal beats the DigiTech Hot Head because my frind had a DigiTech Hot Head and now he has to buy a new on because his broke on him. This is a great pedal and I would not consider buying any other bass distortion pedals except maybe the Electro-Hamonix Big Muff.

I can depend on this pedal and I would use it in a gig without backup even though it's the only bass overdrive/distortion pedal I got.

This pedal is very easy to get good sound out of it. There was a manual that came with this pedal and it has other distortion settings near the end that you can try out. I don't know the firmware revision number and I don't know if this pedal was upgraded but maybe it is cause where the model has a 3 on the end.