ODB-3 Bass Overdrive review by Boss

Boss: ODB-3 Bass Overdrive

Purchased from: Samash

I am using the pedal with a 50 watt Crate Combo amp with an Ibanez SRX500 4-string bass guitar. The only time the pedal has been really loud is when I had it on distortion and the volume all the way up! The effects always sound great, and you can get the sound of Around the World by Red Hot Chili Peppers. If you set it correctly you will sound just like Flea's crazy bass playing on that song.

I play many styles of music, but mostly worship music and rock. It is a good match for any bass player seeking a new sound. I have been playing for about a year now, and so far this has been my only pedal. I would definitely try to purchase this again if it were lost/stolen. I wish it had a setting for Flea sound!

I can depend on this little pedal for my distortion and for smoothing out my playing. I would use it at gigs all the time if I get the chance, without a backup, maybe.

Simple nobs that you can turn to get either a smooth sound or that old distortion you've always wanted to hear from an electric guitar; but instead from a bass guitar. The manual has many cool and interesting things to read about. It also has diagrams in the back of the booklet of sample settings you can put the pedal on to test out the sound.

Mini Duff
    boss are by far the best pedal manufactureres, i have 3 and they are all great :
    Bass Cat
    i tried this pedal at my local music shop and i was rather dissapointed. i have a 5-string peavey BXP and i really found the effect from this pedal to match my amp when i have the levels to high on it. i suppose i'll have to ge try out this pedal again!