ODB-3 Bass Overdrive review by Boss

Boss: ODB-3 Bass Overdrive

Purchased from: Guitar Trader

Right now I am using a Fender 15 Watt amp and a Fender Strat. bass with it. It can become noisy if jacked up to max level with the OD and gain on 10. Even if you barely put any gain on the pedal it still sounds better then just the amp. Green Day to Dragonforce you can make tons of combonations with the overdrive and gain knobs.

I play a lot of stuff, funk, rock, punk, post-hardcore, some speed metal. It seems to fit all of these depending on the settings. I have been playing for almost 2 years now, it is the only effect pedal I own, I also own a guitar and a keyboard. If I lost this distortion pad I would probably go and get another one because the sound it gives is worth it. I love this pedal, I use it with the Low on full, high about the middle, OD and gain just high enough that you can hear it but still really low and it delivers a really clean sound with a bit of edgyness to it. I have compared it to a synth pedal but I love distortion mroe. The only thing I wish it has was a bit more equalizer control but it's fine the way it is.

I've had this for about a year and it still plays strong. I've only had a minor problems in the past but other then that it has not failed me. I would use it at a gig, I have many times already. I've pounded on this thing pretty bad and it still works good.

Very easy to use, just turn the knobs to get your level of distortion. It has a level knob, a double knob for high and low (treble and bass) to amplify or reduce, an overdrive knob and a gain knob. Pretty easy to figure out. Manual was very helpful it even comes with pre-sets that you can try in the back. The only confusing thing that was not clarified was that the amp is plugged into the Output and the guitar goes into the Input sockets.