ODB-3 Bass Overdrive review by Boss

Boss: ODB-3 Bass Overdrive

Purchased from: The Guitar Shop

I use the Boss bass Overdrive pedal with a Yamaha RBX 270J hooked up to a 15 watt Fender Rumble bass amp. Even with this small, home setup, the Boss ODB-3 can make it sound like I'm using a decent, mid priced bass setup. Although the sound of the ODB-3 is almost always great, you will get a loud fuzz from it if you keep it on a full overdriven sound along with a full or almost full gain or level. This overdrive pedal also increases the volume of your amp so you'll want to turn the volume down before plugging it in and getting started. Many famous artists use the ODB-3 including Nate Mendel (of the Foo Fighters). In the end, the overdriven sound of the ODB-3 is great, but that sound can be affected depending on your knob settings.

I've been a devoted classic rock lover as well as a fan of the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Nirvana. I enjoy a variety of music and I've been playing bass for about 3 years now. I find that the ODB-3 is suitible for much of the music I play, and it's a fun pedal to play with while jamming with friends. I am happy with the choice I made to purchase this pedal, and I wouldn't change it with another pedal if I had the chance. The ODB-3 has a such a powerful sound that made me love using it. It has a great equalizer that allows me to Switch between a loud overdrive or a nice dry overdriven sound. The main complaint I have about the ODB-3 is that it didn't come with a 9V adapter cable, and the battery doesn't last that long. Apart from that, I believe Boss did a great job on this pedal.

I would definitely use the ODB-3 for a gig. It's totally reliable, and I'd trust it without a backup. You would want to be sure to have your pedal set to your exact requirements before the show because it may not be easily and swiftly accessible during your gig. Other than that, the ODB-3 is one of the most dependable bass pedals I've seen.

The Boss ODB-3 Bass Overdrive is simple to use and gives off a great, powerful sound. The pedal itself consists of a few knobs that are easy to get used to, which include a two band equalizer and a balance knob that will allow you to have that heavy overdriven sound. The manual provided with the ODB-3 bass pedal has all the information nicely packaged together incase you need any help with the four basic controls. This Boss pedal does not need to be upgraded or repaired and is ready to be used straight out of the box. On the downside, the Boss ODB-3 Bass Overdrive pedal only has one foot pedal used to turn on and off the device, this means that the change of settings must be done by hand. This may pose a problem if you like quick sound changes either during a gig, or while jamming at home. Overall, this overdrive pedal is easy to use, and produces a sound that is well worth the price.

Hart_Attack
    odb-3 bass overdrive... a pedal from boss or Ol' Dirty Bastard times 3! think about it folks