ODB-3 Bass Overdrive review by Boss

Boss: ODB-3 Bass Overdrive

Purchased from: www.theperfectbass.com

I mostly use my Ernie Ball Musicman Sterling SUB and my Fender Deluxe Active P Special through my Crate BT50 with this pedal. You can almost get a fuzzy Hysteria (by Muse) sound and you can definitely nail the Around The World (by RHCP) sound with this pedal. it's called "bass overdrive" I wouldn't really call the sound an overdrive really. it's more a fuzzy overdrive if anything. I haven't been able to get a slight gritty sound out of it yet. This does not suck any tone or bass. At least with my gear. This pedal BLOWS away the built in distortion on my amp (Crate BT50)

Its a little pricey but I don't regret buying it. If it were lost or stolen I would in fact buy another one. I love the overall sound you get from it. Not harsh like a big or little big muff. It doesn't suck your tone or bass. I love the bold yellow case of it too. I chose this over many pedals including the big and little big muff and the MXR blowtorch. I don't regret it, I am very satisfied. I wish it had a blue led.

Like any Boss pedal it's built like a tank. I've already dropped it and tripped over it many times. I'd definitely gig with it without a backup. Some pictures of this pedal make it look a light Orange yellow but really it's a bright bold yellow. I think you could toss this thing on to a road and run it over and it would still work.

Very easy to get a good sound out of, just like anything else start flat and work the knobs until you get a sound you like. I actually didn't read the manual because using it is pretty much common sense. 4 Knobs; level, EQ(cut/boost, balance(dry/OD), and gain.

flea_is_my_god
    Haunted_Shell
    flea_is_my_god wrote: this is THE overdrive pedal, ive had it since last october and i've loved it; there are so many ways to play it. -try turning the treble and bass real low (treble higher than bass htoguh), jack up the level and gain, and create some great fuzz -Max out gain, treble, and overdrive and create a violent overdrive tone. -set everything to middle, but boost treble and its really great!
    Yeah man sick pedal, love it for all my own music and metal!
    lorrythebassguy
    I wanted to buy this, so i tried one out, and it sounded crap, i bought the digitech bass driver instead
    525bass
    This is a great pedal. You can get any sound you want out of it. But beware of the power supply that comes with it. The wires are so cheap. I've only had mine for eight months and they're already so frayed that they short ut every now and then. So now I run it off a voodoo labs power supply.