ODB-3 Bass Overdrive review by Boss

Boss: ODB-3 Bass Overdrive

Purchased from: Used Craigslist

This pedal is super easy to get a great cutting distorted bass tone out of. I will never be as good as the great Lemmy (RIP) with my bass playing but this pedal helps me get that super distorted yet still clear heavy tone he gets from those awesome giant Marshalls he played. If you play metal or rock this pedal would be great to add to your collection, it comes in handy so much for live settings. If your trying to get your bass to cut through in those heavy breakdowns and want to have a sick bass tone give this pedal a try or add it to your collection!

This pedal is great for metal and rock bass playing. A few other bass Overdrives I have used in the past tend to sound super muddy, this one is not the case. The Eq boost knob is great for letting the higher frequencies cut through and getting a nice sounding heavy tone. The balance knob is great for adjusting during different live settings and mixes. The gain knob allows you to go from a light crunch to a lot of fuzz that is still clear and lower notes still cut through, especially if you adjust your eq knob. Check out the video below for a demo of all the tones you can get with this pedal.

Boss pedals are built for road use and meant to last, these are great for stomping on or getting a little drunk before your show and rocking to hard and stomping the boxes, haha come one we all have done it. I would defiantly rely on this pedal in a live setting. If you play at a venue that has a system, you can DI it from a di box or your amp and then use the pedal thru your amp as well and blend the two in the live settings. If the sound guy is somewhat good you will have a crushing bass tone. The yellow is also very cool for color.

What an amazing pedal for getting that dirty gritty bass tone that just sounds super heavy without it turning into that fuzzy muddy sounding bad tone. I bought a bulk of pedals from this guy on Craigslist for $75 and this was one of them. I would defiantly pay $75 just for this pedal after playing it, it is amazing. My friend has a Darkglass B7K pedal and that better sound wise, but the Boss sounds pretty good compared to it for half the price. I use this for recording at home sometimes and with an amp sim it sounds killer!

YouTube preview picture

Rookd
    hahaha...I put the wrong video in this does anyone know how I can edit or change? Here is the video with the actually pedal not small clone haha..