SYB-5 Bass Synthesizer review by Boss

Boss: SYB-5 Bass Synthesizer

Purchased from: B-Music

I used a Fender bass strat with a small practice amp for it. It turned out pretty good for it. Although for certain effects you have to turn the bass up louder. But there are enough effects so if you have to you can just swicth it. Now with the 11 efects there are 4 other nobs.(eight if you count the little ones in them.) SO that is already an endless possiblity. One of the best things on this pedal is the pitch holder. So you can pluck a note and hold it and play something else with that note held. Also with holding pitch note you can turn the nobs wile pressing it down and make like a wierd eirry sound like what you hear through a tube. Only bad thing about the pitch holder is when you hold it down you have to play with your normal bass tone. And on certain effects it won't work. One thing I don't like about it is there are a lot of controlls to use and if someone is new to guitar like I was when I bought (my first pedal) you can get a little lost at times. But overall it is excellent and a great alternative to the wah or disortion. It gives your bass a unique tone.

Well this pedal is mainly used for sychedelic and such. And I am mainly '90s rock and alternative but this pedal gives my bass new life. I would say it is a good match. I like to use it on sabbath songs to and improvising. It even works for blues. One thing it does not work for is slap and pop wich I am getting in to. I have had this pedal for a few months and it works with my Fender strat and Fender practice amp. If anyone had ever stolen it I would probally buy one again. I think it gives more life than a wah. My favorite thing about it is the pitch note. Because you can twist certain nobs and give it new effects. Also there is enough options to keep me entertained. One thing I don't like is on a few of the effects you can't hold pitch. One thing I wish it had (wich will never happen) is a controll where you don't have to bend down to swicth the tone of pedal.

I could definitly depend on this not breaking. I mean every now and then you will get a wierd sound wich goes out of place but it is not to bad where everyone will notice. I would use this on a gig no doubt and no unless you jump on this thing as hard as you can it might break, then you would want a backup.

Well I went into the music store looking for a bass wah. The store was sold out of them. So I decided to try out some other pedals. So the guy at the counter said I should try the synth. I first heard it was wierd. It was look a wah only more water or deeper tones and then errie space sounds. For the cost I was a little sceptical but still I bought it. And I am glad I did. There are a lot of sounds. They did not give me a manual for it but it is pretty easy getting the sound out of it.

dointime024
    'Fender Bass Strat'....your probably shouldn't be writing reviews if you don't even know what your instrument is called.
    aaciseric
    I have this pedal and the sounds are way too weird, theres no way of applying it to decent music and the sounds are too quiet and don't last. I disagree with this review alot.