SYB-5 Bass Synthesizer review by Boss

Boss: SYB-5 Bass Synthesizer

Purchased from: Guitar.co.uk

the sound is magnificent and you can get any sound you want. it can sound retro or have a more modern synth effect. Setting 6! gives the most versitile sound so ii would reccomend that one but they all sound great and will never weaken. the pedal responds to the weight that you play, play lightly and get bass play louder and get synth. the controls have two switches on them one for bass level and one for effect level and this is real useful.

This is a great sound for my brit-pop/electronic Indie style of play but I think that it is suitable for any kind of pop but I don't think it would be good for metal classical etc. I have played bass for a few years now and this effect fits perfectly with my bands style of playing. if ever I was to lose or break this pedal I would not hesitate to buy a new one as I love it and it does not compare to anything else and the Boss SYB-5 has a firm place in the line up of my gear.

This pedal is extremeley versatile and you can depend on any Boss pedal and this is no different. As I trust Boss and the price I payed for it, I would go without a spare although the battery power is sucked up so I would use a power supply, although the effects it gives out can't be used a lot as some decay slowly and don't fit with some songs.

Really easy to use. plug it straight in through the mono output and stick it on a power suppy. the sound is easy to get and it's wonerful, if you want to feel like your at a rave then this is the pedal for you. the manual is short and tells you how to get started quickly and you can play straight away. editing the sound however, can be complicated but, with a bit of playing around it is easy to get used to.

jordyr123
    Can someone tell me how to work this pedal? I just rented it, and I have no Idea what to connect where. Help me out? simple step by step directions would be perfect.
    MaGgOt_13
    I tried this pedal in the shop and thought it was pretty good, but I didn't really spend enough time to form a solid opinion on it. I wanted one to experiment with Industrial Metal, does anyone have any better ideas or would this be the right choice? I can't afford a half decent, real synth lmao.
    MadroneBass
    I played this in guitar center while I was in richmond today. I found it really difficult to use and a lot more complicated than it needs to be. This pedal is not the answer. Go get a EHX Bass Micro Synth (you know, an actual analog pedal. not a digital one that boasts analog-reminiscent sounds). Boss is so hit or miss with their pedals recently. I almost threw my Dynamic Wah out the window after last nights gig.