Bass Driver review by DigiTech

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
DigiTech: Bass Driver

Purchased from: eBay

You can get quite a few tones out of it; just that you probably won't be able to get exactly what you had in mind. I still can't. As I mentioned, it takes out a bit too much lows for comfort. However I found that when I mixed it with a Boss Bass Chorus, it gave me quite a nice sound and suitable for what I needed for that particular song.

I think this pedal is only good for actual distortion as opposed to overdrive/fuzz and beginners unsure of their sound. If you're fussy about your sound, I wouldn't suggest this pedal. If it were misplaced I'd seriously consider something else; probably a Big Muff or even a Woolly Mammoth if I could afford one.

It's quite sturdily built, being in a heavy, durable metal casing. My only issue is the foot pedal; I've heard stories about DigiTech foot pedals losing their connection after too much stomping and this one's failed me before, actually. One time just after loading a new battery in I accidentally stomped too hard and it just died right there. It's only failed me on gigs as a result of the power failing. So unless you use adaptors, I'd recommend putting this (and other DigiTech stompboxes) in a bypass loop just in case.

It's quite a versatile pedal with regards to overdrive/distortion/fuzz, but my main concern is that it takes out some lows. Basically, overdrive and fuzz are several knob adjustments away from each other; one time I made the mistake of only turning the Morph knob in a hurry on stage and ended up with just plain noise and no audible bassline at all.

numetalhead:D
    i was thinking about getting this...but i'll probably get something else now like the Big Muff. good review btw man
    Mini Duff
    after reading this review i would go for a boss bass overdrive pedal as boss make extremely good pedals i myself have a bass synthesizer from boss and its wicked
    thefitz
    You can blend in your original signal with the distortion to the point you have no distortion. There should be no reason that your distorted tone isn't at least as bassy as your clean tone.
    RageAgainstEm
    i found it versatile and it kept the lows as long as you manage the blend tone the right way
    aaciseric
    The boss synthesizer is rubbish, I own one and it was the biggest waste of money ever.