Bass Synth Wah review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Bass Synth Wah

Purchased from: Music Mart

I'm running this from a G&L L-2000 Tribute bass into a Peavey TNT 115 combo box. I find that volume is sometimes an issue when I turn the pedal on. It really only seems to work well if the guitar player and drummer and both somewhat quiet. I like to use it in combination with DigiTech's Compression, it sorta keeps the sound steady. I do have some problems with the volume consistency on the thing, sometimes it blasts and sometimes you can't hear it. This could be my setup though. I don't run it through the PA or any mixer. All in all, it's a pretty diverse pedal but if you are looking for a good controlled Wah and have the control in your foot, go for one that's made only for Wah.

I play rock and we do some progressive stuff so when we get jammin it can sometimes be useful. All in all, I don't use it for most of the gig. I would probably try another pedal just out of curiousity (Boss). It does make some really cool sounds though, especially if you eat little square pieces of paper an hour or two before.

Batteries? Don't even think about it. Fortunately as a bass player I don't rely on my pedals too much so I don't have a backup pedal in case something would happen. I know I did buy one of these used on eBay and it broke shortly thereafter. I decided to go to the store for the second one.

This thing makes quite a few whacky noises. It's pretty simple to configure. The manual's settings are a little iffy so I just use what sounds good to me.