Bass Synth Wah review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Bass Synth Wah

The sound of it can vary greatly, as just a minor adjustment can produce a completely different effect. It's crazy. I normally set it on envelope filter, although I also use the octa-sub, which is better than the one on my Crate BT50 amp. In general the sound quality is good, although too much of any one setting can get obnoxious. I normally lower the sensitivity.

I normally play music by the Offspring and similar bands, although I play some other stuff, and I find that I usually don't need it. I bought it as more of a novelty item to just mess around with. One problem with it it doesn't live up to the "wah" part of it's name, as there is in fact, not a wah setting. All in all it is a pretty good pedal, though I really don't need it.

It is pretty dependable, although I would not trust it with batteries. This pedal sucks the juice out of them like a three year old and apple juice. The design of it is pretty rugged, and seams like it could take a beating or two. I would use this in a gig provided I used an AC converter with it (which costs about an extra $20.00).

It is pretty easy to use, even changing batteries is a zip. Although one problem I've found is that there are so many different sounds that is a little demoralizing. I would recommend that a buyer read the instruction manual for this pedal, because at times it can get confusing. The manual shows that this bad boy has a couple of goodies like a "stack mode" if you are recording with a mixer.

rohitfenderlove
    i felt that the DOD FX25B gave me a much more authentic "envelope filter" sound. The effects on this are too plastic for me.
    rasinañte
    This thing isn't the best envelope filter, but its octaver is amazing and is way more versatile than the q-tron.
    flea_is_my_god
    i had this pedal for a bout 6 months b4 i got an adaptor. i had neglected it cause of its battery consumption. i most frequently set it to 5, or mayb it was 4, and play around with the knobs till i get a distorted kinda sound.
    killyoutonight
    I wanted a ibanez synth pedal for christmas a few years ago and got this one. I still want the ibanez one, however I like this one but have heard that the ibanez is better. The boss is probably the best but that was the most expensive.
    c_isher
    I've owned this thing since October and I love it. I set it to 7, 12, 12, 6-7 from left to right and it's got a great tone. It sounds like a talk-box with a phaser and octaver. It's a nice pedal for beingcheap, just like DigiTech has been.
    Multiplayerjon
    the bad Part (and the only) is that Digitech pedals are Battery-eaters as Jmack said. i need to get my twin this pedal
    ChikiChikiwa
    I have this pedal and tried it against the Boss, and personally I preferred this one. In the shop they were both around the same price (I'm from the UK). Just as a point of interest, use this pedal with a chorus (I also use the Digitech Bass Chorus) to sound EPIC.