BP355 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: BP355

Price paid: € 158

Purchased from: Thomann.de

I used it so far with an active Ibanez + a passive Warwick - in som e of the presets it may sound a bit too low and I use the compressor to force an amplification. Some effects are just to showcase the capabilities but I did not find them to be that usefull. I am not a pro so I cannot compare the FX simulations to their real pedals but I can tell you I was having a great time testing each.

I wish it had an On/Off button. I haven't and have no intention to use the looper. The pedal switching of the A/B amps is great. The tuner is a weak point - I had a difficulty to tune the Lower B (on my 5 strings Warwick Corvette) and it just did not respond to it! The drum macjine is nice but the Zoom B2 had a better sounding one (the BP has 60 patterns where as the Zoom only 40) I would give it a 10 but the tuner issue is annoying.

I haven't had the chance to take it to rehersals and my band doesn't gig so I am unable to tell - you should check the RP355 reviews which has the same chassis. it looks and feels very sturdy and durable. I wish it had a nice gig bag like the one that comes with the Behringer V-AMP - This could protect the BP355 when out gigging.

The unit is very easy to use/edit - a typical DigiTech matrix which is so easy and quick to edit. The manual is quite easy to read and understand and basically - you will not need it , maybe to check the full name of the pedal simulations. A downloadable XEdit software will quciken the editing process and the PC USB response is very quick - just seat infront of your PC screen - your bass on your lap and start editing and testing to your hreat's content.

ProgJazzMath
    These things have very crappy effects from my past experience. They also aren't built too well either.
    Horsedick.MPEG
    These are pretty amazing, sept I have the RP250 which is out of production now. They're built like a tank.
    feathers632
    I got the Digitech RP500. Has some great sounds and very easy to edit. Also like the PC editor it comes with. My other effects unit is a Roland VG99 with divided pickup attachment. The VG99 is quite a mixed bag because some of the patches sound awful especially on headphones. Like the Digitech it has some very nice sounds also. For a long time after I got the VG99 I was using the Digitech. It is only more recently I find myself using the VG99 more because it can produce any guitar tuning electronically.
    mydian
    So you really didn't review it all the well when you read what you type. Yet you give it 9's and 10's? From the way you worded things I would have thought 5 at best. Very lousy review since you can't make your numbers and your words match up.
    sexybacon
    I would not give a digitech budget multi-fx unit a "9" in sound. That's usually reserved for top of the line processors, or boutique analog effects.