BP355 Review

manufacturer: DigiTech date: 06/28/2011 category: Bass Effects

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

DigiTech: BP355
review (1) 6 comments vote for this gear:
BP355 Reviewed by: nirsul, on june 28, 2011

Price paid: € 158

Purchased from: Thomann.de

Ease of Use: The unit is very easy to use/edit - a typical DigiTech matrix which is so easy and quick to edit. The manual is quite easy to read and understand and basically - you will not need it , maybe to check the full name of the pedal simulations. A downloadable XEdit software will quciken the editing process and the PC USB response is very quick - just seat infront of your PC screen - your bass on your lap and start editing and testing to your hreat's content. // 10

Sound: I used it so far with an active Ibanez + a passive Warwick - in som e of the presets it may sound a bit too low and I use the compressor to force an amplification. Some effects are just to showcase the capabilities but I did not find them to be that usefull. I am not a pro so I cannot compare the FX simulations to their real pedals but I can tell you I was having a great time testing each. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I haven't had the chance to take it to rehersals and my band doesn't gig so I am unable to tell - you should check the RP355 reviews which has the same chassis. it looks and feels very sturdy and durable. I wish it had a nice gig bag like the one that comes with the Behringer V-AMP - This could protect the BP355 when out gigging. // 10

Overall Impression: I wish it had an On/Off button. I haven't and have no intention to use the looper. The pedal switching of the A/B amps is great. The tuner is a weak point - I had a difficulty to tune the Lower B (on my 5 strings Warwick Corvette) and it just did not respond to it! The drum macjine is nice but the Zoom B2 had a better sounding one (the BP has 60 patterns where as the Zoom only 40) I would give it a 10 but the tuner issue is annoying. // 9

More DigiTech reviews rating category latest review
+ Grunge 8 Guitar Effects 04/26/2016