BP50 review by DigiTech

• Reviewer's score: 5.8 Decent
DigiTech: BP50

Purchased from: Firey Bros Music

Sometimes I'll use some effects on my normal electric but it's mostly for bass, I do not like the distortion on this pedal at all, it's very muddy, I would not use this pedal during a gig, it is great for new musicians, which I was when I got it. I'm giving it a 6 since I know a lot of people use distortion

Well normally I play guitar, but since this is bass. When I play bass I usually play funk, this isn't really a good match for my style of playing but I know it's good for other styles, Before I bought this product I didn't think there was a higher end version with a Wah pedal, I wish I had known that and I would've gone for it easy. I love playing around with the phaser on it, making the guitar sound real weird. I hate the distortion like I said, very muddy, maybe I just don't know how to work the distortion on the pedal but yeah. Overall I give this, a 6.

Its nice for at home playing and just messing around and finding sounds for songs, but like I said, I would not depend on this pedal at all in a gig, though you do still get all the features you'd get out of a high end pedal board, I still wouldn't suggest this if you're a gigging musician.

its very easy to use! It comes with a manual that explains everything, and reading through it once, it'll be a breeze to use, I only wish I had gotten the one with the wah pedal, it has all the settings a high end pedal board has, but the features just seem cheaper, the pedal overall is very sturdy, it feels like you could throw it against a wall and it'd be okay.

danny_plantain
    Kipyt
    danny_plantain wrote: i have this pedal, and it is a pile of monkey-spunk. worthless for giging, sound is horrible, too much delay between switching. if you want dist, then buy a real stompbox, you want wah, buy a frickin' wah. digital effects suck goat nuts, analog all the way baby.
    Who wouldn't agree with that? Digital effects really do suck. It might not suck if you're a beginner and don't know quality of music, but it does suck when you know your shit.