BP50 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: BP50

Price paid: C$ 35

Purchased from: Kijiji - Used

I use this pedal through a Fender Rumble 25 with a Peavey Millenium 4 BXP bass for composing, recording and jamming occasionally. It works just fine, no noise and all the effects are about what I expected. Some are pretty basic, but most are variable enough that you can usually get what you're looking for out of it. Features: * 11 Amp Models * 5 Stompox Models * Cabinet Modeling * 19 Effects (up to 8 at once) * Fully Programmable * 24-bit analog-digital converters * Rhythm Trainer 30 patterns * Chromatic Tuner * 40 User, 40 Factory Presets Effects: * Amp and Stompbox Modeling * Programmable 3-band EQ * Digital Delay * Danalog Delay * Ping Pong Delay * 6 Reverbs * Detune * Pitch Shift * Chorus * Flanger * Phaser * Octavider * Vibrato * Synth Talk * Silencer Gate * Auto Swell * Compression with variable crossover * Envelope Filter * Fretless Simulator * Wah * Whammy Specifications: 1/4" Mono Instrument Input 1/4" Stereo, Mono or Headphone Output 1/4" Expression Pedal Input Up to 8 Simultaneous Effects 30 Pattern Rhythm Trainer 40 User, 40 Factory memory Capacity Dual 7-segment LED display

I have been playing guitar and some bass for 30 years, and I use this pedal for mainly composition and recording. It is perfect for this and for what I paid I am laughing. It gets used with my Fender Rumble 25 and Peavey Millenium BXP 4 bass and sounds just super. I have ended up using it far more than I thought, and it hasn't let me down. For the price I paid used, I think I could do no better, and it is all I need in a bass effects pedal and then some. I would probably have a hard time finding a replacement for the price, but I would try before buying it or another retail. I think it is a great buy even at retail, though, and can recommend it for most anything short of actual gigging.

It is a solid pedal with all moving parts still working fine. It is not gigged with, and frankly, I would not recommend such a small unit for stage work. Even jamming it is only good for one effect and perhaps the drum machine, but you either use it on what you set it before the song starts or bypass it.

This is a basic modeling pedal, with a fairly wide range of effects and tones. It is fully editable as far as effects go, and the amp and cab models are not bad for the price. Getting to the presets is easy as is the editing, and the drum machine is okay, if limited in patterns, good for practice only, really. The manual is fine, and available online. No firmware upgrade, but I wouldn't really expect one for a basic model.

Guam_Thrasher
    danny_plantain wrote: i have this pedal, and it is a pile of monkey-spunk. worthless for giging, sound is horrible, too much delay between switching. if you want dist, then buy a real stompbox, you want wah, buy a frickin' wah. digital effects suck goat nuts, analog all the way baby.
    I agree! Analog all the way!