BP80 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: BP80

I use mine with a Yamaha RBX775 and a Rogue RB-20B. It's not noisy at all for me. Almost all the effects are pretty strong. My biggest disappointment was the Wah. This isn't a replacement for a real Wah pedal. I was pleased that I could get reatively close to the sound of Cliff Burton, especially for the solo "Anesthesia - Pulling Teeth." I'm still trying to get Les Claypool's sound, but I don't think I can. This thing has a nice punk sound. You know, the fat sound when using a pick? The amp models are great! It has 4 or 5 different distortion stompbox models and all of them are pretty good.

I play mostly rock and I can get every sound I need out of this little processor. It's also good for punk and funk. This is the only bass effects thing I've got. I've got an old Boss ME-5 Guitar effects thing, but you can't really compare them. If it were stolen, I'd get another one or something better, like the BP200. The BP50 is the same thing as this w/o the expression pedal. Spring for the expression pedal. It's worth it. Overall, I was very satisfied with this processor. It's got alot of bang for the buck.

It seems real durable to me. I'd use it without a backup. Most DigiTech stuff is real solid.

It's pretty easy to get your desired sound after you know how to sift through the effects. It has 40 user presets which is good, and 40 factory presets. A few of the factory presets are good, but most kind of suck.