BP80 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: BP80

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

The sound of the pedal is OK, but I don't really like the effects when you only use one at a time. For example, if you just want distortion, you can't get a good sound. If you just want wah, you can't get a great sound. However, when you mix effects together, it sounds a lot better. Don't try to play a song with heavy distortion with this pedal.

I play all kinds of music, from heavy metal, to classical rock, and even some jazz, but the pedal doesn't meet all of my needs. I've been playing bass guitar for almost 3 years now, and I've used many pedals in that time. There are many other pedals that would better suit you. If this pedal was lost or stolen, I would definately not replace it. I recommend using a little bit more money to buy some Boss single-effect pedals and using them together instead of using this multi-effect pedal. The one thing that I do like about it though is the drum patterns. There are many different styles and I like them a lot. But nobody is going to spend $100 to just get the drum patterns. I do not suggest getting this pedal. Like I mentioned earlier, you should buy Boss pedals if you want to get good effects. Only get this pedal if you are a beginner just looking to play your bass with funky sounds, if you are serious about trying to get good effects, do not buy this pedal.

A very sturdy pedal, I've even dropped it a few times and it still seems to be in mint condition. I would definately use it at a gig without a backup.

This pedal isn't exactly the easiest to figure out, but once you know how to use it, it gets pretty simple. All you need to do is read the manual that comes with it, then mess around a little until you get the hang of it.