BP80 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: BP80

For someone Who isn't looking for something extremely serious, this pedal is the way to go. I would look at it as more of something you could fool around with, nothing special, but recently I've been able to get some pretty specific nice tones out of it, there are just so many to choose from. Sure the effects may not be as nice as if you pay for each separately, but if you're on a budget, and don't have a very specific pedal need, this is the way to go. That's not saying the pedal makes bad effects, in fact it makes extremely good effects for a multiproccessor, it just may not get something you're exactly looking for. The pedal is not noisy at all, especially if you use a little NoiseGate, it helps a bunch. I have been able to get all kinds of tones from this baby, from Les Claypool's fretless, to Jesse F. Keeler's crazy distortion. I wouldn't recommend this to someone Who specifically wants a wah pedal, or a specifically a fuzz, but if you're looking for something to play with while you're bored, or mess around with to get a very specific tone, this is the pedal. And according to one review the pedal couldn't handle the B string, strangely I've had no problem with this at all, maybe it was a specific setting that didn't work, or the b string was too floppy, as I have had no problem with mine.

Overall I think this is a great product. I originally bought it to screw around with, and found out that it works much better for finding specific tones than most people say, but still not as good as a single pedal. One of the reasons for this is that if you have a specific pedal you can just pop it out and plug in, with this there's a chance that you won't immediately find what you're looking for, and will end up just skipping it. One of the main problems I had with it is that the majority of the presets sound the same, so there isn't very much pick up and play ability. Luckily though it has 40 programmable slots, that are easy to work with. Overall this is a nice pedal, and the best 100 dollars you could spend if you were looking for a variety of tones.

This is a very nice pedal, I think the quality of its manufacturing is very high. If you think about it, you're literally stepping on it all day, and it has handled pretty well. The main buttons are resilient, and the expression pedal is just as tough, this is a nice pedal. I've only gigged with it once, and I was quite confident that this was all I was going to need, and it was.

For me, this pedal was extremely easy to use, at first I just used the presets, but recently I've been needing specific tones, and it didn't take to long to figure out. the pedal is super easy to use and figure out whatever you want. Only problem is there are just so many different effects, that it's tough to remember the codes for every one of them. Now before someone says "it says it on the panel" well actually it tells you what type of effect on the panel, and then give a number and or letter to indicate exactly which effect it is. Most of the time I won't remember what R6 on the amp modeling section is, but that's where the Maual comes in. The manual is extremely easy to understand, and since the pedal itself is so easy to use, I only use it to remember which effect is which. Even better, when I lost the manual I was able to find a PDF version of it on the DigiTech Website.