BP80 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: BP80

Purchased from: Grandma's Music and Sound

I use a Fender Squier P-Bass and a Fender Rumble 15 (38W) amp. The background noise or feedback matters on what you're doing. I find if you put certian effects together it makes a heck of a lot of feedback. The pedal does have a controlable noise gate which works quite well. I don't specifically look to find the effects of certian artists but I do find that some settings sound more like the songs I'm playing than others. (I play FOB, Green Day, Metallica, AFT, My Chem., Red Jumpsuit, Simple Plan, Skillet, Sum 41, Finger Eleven, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, ect.) Most effects are great, the only complaints I have are the "octave up"s it de-tunes the note and gives it an odd tone. The Fretless sim. is okay for the price but if you desperately want the fretless tone, get a fretless bass. My favorite effects are probbally the Delay and the Distortion. Although the different reverb settings are great aswell.

I play pretty much anything execpt Country. I've been playing for about a year, self-taught. As said before I have a Squier P-Bass, and a 38W Rumble 15 amp. I play with a metal thunm-pick. I'd buy it again unless I had enough money for the BP 200. I did compare this produt to all the other pedals with only one effects each, I chose this one because 1) I liked it's tone, and 2) it's an eaiser set-up than all the individual pedals.

I'd say you can depend on the thing very hevialy, just don't like throw it or drop it a whole heck of alot. I'd definately use it at a gig without a back up. I find it to always work, but it's best when plugged in instead of bettery power, the batteries tend to die quite fast. and it takes 6 AA so I'd say plug it in and you mucht want an extension cord for it aswell.

Well if you're like me and you don't read the manual right away and wait till you have a problem, yeah it's a little hard to use. But once you over-look the effects abbriviated names it's fairly easy to use. The Maunal really did help, it lists the abbrv. names for all the effects and what they do. I don't know the Filmwarerevision number and I have not had the Pedal upgraded.

Tip_The_Scales
    just to let people who seem to be confused with rp and bp. It is BP 80 as it stands for bass pedal. it is good as digitech stuff is easy to use and versatile
    It actually stands for Bass Processor
    wilkozade2005
    Bryan2
    I have played with these and also a BOSS ME20B. I would say the ME20B is far better value for money even though more expensive. The BOSS has very good octaver and distortion and is exceptionally easy to use (tweak sounds and stuff). The DigiTech sound rubbish when compared to it.