BP80 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: BP80

Purchased from: eBay

The wah can be a bit... Crap... And that's being generous. I find you have to cover the awful wah with some more effects or just put a phaser on instead, saves you from looking like a fool. The whammy is pretty shocking too, but again, if you put something like distortion on it hides it's piss poor quality. The chorus, flanger, etc are all good quality, certainly saves you from going out and spending 50-150 on each individual pedal, not fantastic quality but definitely commendable. I definitely like the reverb. Probably because I love reverb, all the effects are easy to set up except for delay. If your trying to find a precise delay timing you'd best go find an individual pedal because the BP80's is impossible to configure.

Well seeing as I play mostly funk music the weird psychedelic (is that how you spell it?) effects are kind of useless to me, although when I'm sat at home just jamming on my own it does sound pretty damn cool when you write one of those slow mellow songs by accident. I haven't really used any other multi effects pedals so I can't really comment on overall quality, I'm thinking about getting a Zoom multi-effects pedal soon though. If someone gifted me this I wouldn't be upset, it's definitely a good pedal, worth it's money. ALSO the greatest config. I found was having Hall reverb with fretless sim. And distortion. Sounds very metal, good for Cliff Burton stuff.

I can definitely depend on it. If it can hold my fat buddy standing on it I'm sure it would survive a meteor strike. It's very tough considering it's built from some weird plastic. I would and do use it on stage, saved me from buying a boost and a distortion pedal.

In all honesty, it's good. IF you read the instruction manual. I spent about a month randomly trying to find something even slightly interesting, putting loads of effects on at once. Once you read the instruction manual which takes about 5 minutes, it's pretty obvious after that. And the pedal is in a pretty bad position, I mean I end up going from wah to distorted whammy, and performing live, you look like an idiot. If someone with small feet like me still fumbles onto the next effect by accident there is a design flaw.