FX25B Envelope Filter review by DOD

DOD: FX25B Envelope Filter

Purchased from: Kosmic Sound

The sound is awesome! I've tried heaps of envelope filters, including Boss's autowahs, double 0 Funk and none have been as good as this. If you want Flea, you've got it. If you want Bootsy Collins, you've got it. The sound is powerful, with an awesome range. I have a Fender Jazz Bass, and with the right settings on the bass and the pedal you can get the most funkalicous slap riff.

I play mainly rock/blues/funk, and this pedal is perfect. On stage I use my Fender Jazz Bass, DR High Beam strings (excellent), a 4x10" Hartke and a Hartke head, and with this little baby you can get the punchiest and funkiest sound ever. Unfortunately, some f--k head stole mine a few months ago, but I've been using money on some other gear (I've got a Boss GT-6B, so I use that autowah for now, it's not as good), and I'm investing in a Dunlop Bass Wah, so I'll probably buy this soon. If funk is your thing, buy this pedal.

The thing is sturdy as hell. You could throw it off a building and it will survive (actually probably not, but you get my meaning). The switch is never gonna break from over use. The only thing I'd take as backup is extra batteries. Although, the batteries do last quite a while, and you could also buy an adapter for it.

Extremely simple. There are only a few knobs, and once you've used it a few times, it's easy to get the sound you want. The manual has a bunch of set ups for different sounds, which is excellent. Flea uses and older model (I think), but I was able to get the same tone as he uses in some of his songs. Has a nice big ass Switch to press your foot on.