FX25B Envelope Filter review by DOD

DOD: FX25B Envelope Filter

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend.com

I mostly use my Fender Deluxe Active P Bass Special and my Crate BT50 with this pedal. But it also sounds nice with a guitar. You can get a nice flea like sound with this pedal. It sounds like an auto wah should. it's exactly what I expected. Slapping can sound harsh and it sucks some bass out but with some EQ adjusting it can sound awesome. I don't notice any extra hum, noise or a volume drop with this pedal.

I play many styles of music and this pedal gets me the funky auto wah sound I was looking for. This is my first pedal. I've been playing almost a year, I had some extra money so I figured for $40 I couldn't go wrong with this pedal. Defiantly a good choice. If it were lost or stolen and I was on a budget I would replace this pedal. If not I would save and get a higher end auto wah. I love everything about this pedal. I haven't compared it to another auto wah but compared to Dunlop Crybaby (guitar) I like this better. You get about the same sound and you can spend more time playing bass (or guitar) instead using your foot.

This pedal is built like a tank. The battery lasts awhile as long as you unplug it when your finished. I would defiantly use this at a gig without a backup. You could probably run this over with a trunk and it would still work. The knobs are on tight and the footswitch is strong. It would take a lot to even scratch this thing. Just have some extra 9 volt batteries and your good to go.

This pedal is very easy to use and very easy to get a good sound out. It comes with a manual, battery and product registration card. The manual gives information about the controls; blend, sensitivity, range, footswitch, led indicator and jacks. I says what the pedal does, has examples of settings and talks about the warranty.

gratefulduck
    i find that this pedal needs the sensitivity all the way up to be effective, or else you need to pick especially hard. also, it drops the volume considerably when it is turned on. it takes a while to get the controls set up for a good sound, but i love the sound when i get it right =)
    MinstrelCycle85
    I tried to comment on this earlier, apparently my comment didn't stay... Does anyone know where I can find a decent WAVEFORM envelope filter? This is a frequency envelope filter, an auto-wah. I need an envelope filter like a Moog FreqBox's envelope filter, or a Subdecay Promethus, except... I want it to just be the (waveform)envelope filter. It's looking like I'll have to settle for paying for the Moog... the promethues seems to be set up like an oscillating arpeggiator... and the envelope filter is limited as hell... IE, not what I want.