FX25B Envelope Filter review by DOD

DOD: FX25B Envelope Filter

Purchased from: Local guitar shop

I'm using A Ibanez S470 and a Peavy Audition 25w Amp. This setup seems to work out fine with this pedal, Although It sometimes is hard to find the median between loud and quiet, seeming annoyingly Quacky at one moment and too quiet with small adjustments. It does a great job emulating the 70's funk of Parliment and funkadelic. But it does wonders on the lower setting Too, giving that personal touch to any solo.

I play anything I can ranging from metal to funk and I picked this up as gadget to fiddle with for awhile and found that it was actually a great pedal for most music by putting it on minimal levels. I've been playing for 2 years and if this was stolen or lost I'd buy another one. The only thing I hate about is the Pearlecent teal color they decide to paint it in.

the pedal has a full metal casing that like any other pedal will stand years of abuse, the I could see breaking the easiest on the pedal is the plastic setting nobs jutting an inch above any other part of the pedal. The other is the actual pedal Switch made out of thick, cheap plastic.

DOD has made an utterly conventional stomp box, but for half the price. It has the normal three nob set up which everyone should be comfortable with. You definitely have to play with the controls to find what your looking for, unless your happy with the three settings in the manual, which admittedly needed a little work to make them sound their best.