105Q Crybaby Bass review by Dunlop

Dunlop: 105Q Crybaby Bass

Purchased from: Bmusic.com.au

Right now, I'm running a Ashton AB2, this, and a Ibanez PD7 Distortion into a SWR LA 15 Bass amp. The effect engaged has no noise/feedback or anything. The effect sound is strong, But only if you have the Q up almost or up the whole way. I use this for playing Bassically/NIB bass solo and also Anesthesia and my own stuff. When using this with Distortion, I suggest putting the Distortion first in the line, Wah following. If you put the wah first you get crap distotion when combined and when disengaged their is a delay far more obvious than vice-versa. But still, It has a great sound.

This pedal kicks ass! I play metal, hard rock, blues, whatever through this, it is a good match for sure! If it were stolen I would defiantly go get another, find the person and whack them over the head with it. It would hurt because of the heavy metal shell. There is nothing I hate about it, love this thing.

Can I depend on it? Hell yeah! This thing is built like a tank with full metal casing and made in the USA. Would I use without a back up at a gig? Defiantly, no doubt. Although, take a spare battery.

This awesome pedal is easy enough to use and get used to. With useful "Q" control, and volume control you can get a good "wah" out of it. Although, you will find yourself tuning up the Q all the way to get a real wah. It comes with a good basic manual but really aint needed, it is not rocket science.

AVA_Plus44_182
    Actually, Timmy C didn't use 2 wahs while he was in Rage, he only started doing it since Audioslave was formed. And, he doesn't do it to intensify the wah effect, he does it cause he has his "full-on distortion" channel running through one and his "middle-of-the-road overdrive" channel running through the other one. That's one of the few secrets that he DID reveal about his massive pedal configuration
    HmTownHero1007
    actually timmmy commerford of audioslave uses an earlier version of this pedal with no q control on it... and he couples two of the effects together to get a more intense sound (such as on "calm like a bomb" by rage against the machine).
    Trabo
    Slipknot sucks so that shouldnt be a issue. This pedal is definitley quality, and if you want to have a awesome funk or physcedalic solo, this is the pedal for you.
    AVA_Plus44_182
    Just be careful with this, I used to own one but I sold my entire pedal board and got a boss multi effects unit (say what you want but the board kicks the asses of almost everything I've tried), one thing I noticed after I'd owned this wah pedal for about a year is that the killswitch in the heel that turns the effect off when you release your foot started not to work. I had a look at it and I noticed that the part that actually pushes down the switch is made out of rubber and that it had worn down to the metal and thus wasn't working properly anymore. This sounds trivial but it's a real pain in the ass because the pedal wouldn't turn off sometimes, resulting in a nasty bassy sound. The only way to quick-fix it is to get a knife or something and try to push the switch back down hard enough so that it stays there, which is obviously something you can't do in the middle of a song during a live show. So yea, just watch it, cause I don't think that part's replacable, so once it starts doing it you're pretty much screwed cause that area does wear down a lot. It really pissed me off and that's one of the reasons why I sold it, even though it was an awesome pedal while it wasn't doing that. It really was a shame because this sort of design is very convenient when you want to turn multiple pedals off and don't want to piss around with a toe switch, but the toe switch on my new expression pedal seems to simply be sturdier and more reliable. If the makers had had the intelligence to make the part completely out of metal then I might still own it.
    DrinkSome_milk
    crazy_wah wrote: but paul gray (the bassist of slipknot) use it too
    wow, he actually uses effects? i cant hear him play for SHIT! haha