Bass Big Muff Pi review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Bass Big Muff Pi

Purchased from: Andertons, Guildford

The Big Muff Pi is really easy to find a sound that you want, after figuring out what each knob does its just experimenting and finding the sound you want. This pedal has a option of bass boost, this just boosts the low end sound over the top of the distortion, mainly so you don't get lost in the mix or want to annoy your next door neighbors. I bought this pedal to try and re-create some sound from Muse's bassist, and that's exactly what I did, using this pedal and playing songs such as hysteria and starlight make you sound just like them, how awesome!

I play I wide range of different genres and this pedal is great for most. You can replicate some of Muse's stuff, RATM and then some of the heavy metal stuff. If this pedal was stolen I would defiantly get a replacement. I love this pedal, the simplicity is great, like most of the Electro-Harmonix its a plug in and play kind of jobbie and that's why I love it, it also sound amazing. Overall this is one of the best bass distortion pedal on the market for a nice price.

This pedal is as solid as pedals go! Could run over it with a car and use it at a gig you have later on. I would defiantly rely on this pedal without a back up, however I do recommend on using it with a 9v adaptor so you don't go through batteries.

The Big Muff is really easy to use like some of the other Electro-Harmonix bass pedals out there, it has three knobs, volume, tone and sustain, it also has a toggle switch option, this has the options of, bass boost, dry and normal. It really is just plug in and play kind of pedal, no messing or fine tuning of the knobs. The pedal came with a instruction manual, one sheet printed back and front.