Bass Blogger review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Bass Blogger

Price paid: € 66

Purchased from: Thomann.de

Ok, I'm using a Fender American Standard P-Bass and a Fender Rumble 60 for the moment. For such a cheap pedal I think it sounds really great. I mostly play in the Drive mode with the tone turned up pretty high and the Drive rather low, but you can also turn up the Drive and get a very hardcore kind of sound. The fuzz/overdrive isn't high quality but then again it's a very cheap pedal and you get what you pay for.

I play almost everything but I play different kinds of 80's metal the most like Rush and Mr. Big and I think the pedal is very suitable for that kind of music. I've been playing bass for only 5 years. I have two other basses, a Dean and a Stagg Jazz Bass(cheap Fender copy), a Marshall MB450H and MBC410, a couple of electric guitars and amps. So in conclusion, I'm very happy with this pedal and I recommend it to everyone.

It's a very reliable pedal. It's made out of metal and it's built like a tank but you have to be careful with the Fuzz/Drive switch.

The Blogger is a very simple pedal, it has a Volume, Tone and Drive knob. It also has a Fuzz/Drive switch. When you have the switch switched to Drive the Volume knob is inactive. So the quite pedal is easy to use. It has a Input, Effect Out(output) and Dry Out(bypass) jack. The thing that I was the most disappointed with was the power options. There's a battery that works well and then there's the 9V optional power supply. The power supply has to be a EHX power supply so you can't use the same as you do with you're other pedals. The manual is a small piece of paper with only the most important things you need to know. It's not very useful.

MaggaraMarine
    Who says that? You can use whatever product at least it is 9V and the other specs are the same. All manuals say that you should only use EHX adapter or BOSS adapter or whatever but it's not true. Why wouldn't other adapters with exactly the same specs work? Of course it's the safest way to buy that EHX adapter so you don't have to check the specs.