Bass Metaphors review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: Bass Metaphors

Price paid: € 98

Purchased from: Thomann

EQ and comp kicks a-s! I use it with Behringer Eurorack and sometimes with different amps. Distortion works well if you don't use it on full drive. You can get bright slap sounds to the ground breaking bassboosts and of course everything between!

I play mostly fusion jazz, prog rock\metal, and thrash and metaphors got the right tone to all of them. My main bass is ESP LTD Vintage-204 with Seymour Duncan SPB-3 and STK J2B pickups, Babizc FCH bridge and main part of my Rotosound RS66LD. EHX Bass Metaphors is my main effect but I also use Zoom B1 and Behringer BOD400. If it gets stolen or lost I'm going to buy new one! I love it's comp. I have compared it to MXR Bass D.I.+ and Sansamp Bass Driver D.I. and EHX owns them on EQ and comp (MXR or Sansamp doesn't even have compressor!) but loses to them on dist.

I can take my personal sound anywhere with that massive box! I use it everytime when I go to play a gig. Its shell is about 4mm thick!

It is wery easy to use. On top there is controls for volume distortion, EQ level, treble, bass and dry. there's also switch for compressor. The controls for comp are hidden under backplate. It comes with manual but they aren't really needed.

JKing138
    Agreed the second review is terrible. I can't see how the 2 band EQ on the EHX can own a 3 band EQ on the MXR and the sansamp with treble, bass and presence. Will people stop presenting their opinions as facts, especially when they don't seem to know what they are talking about. And the MXR and sansamp don't have compressors, but that doesn't make the metaphors a better pedal. The MXR has a noise gate, does the EHX? Nope.
    MaggaraMarine
    I hate reviews like the newest review. It doesn't even tell what kind of effect this is and what kind of things it can do.