BassBalls (Made In Russia) review by Electro-Harmonix

Electro-Harmonix: BassBalls (Made In Russia)

With this pedal I can get things like the primus version of n.I.b. and sound like Flea on sir Sexy Pyscho. I'm using this with my Cort B5 and Fender Rumble/GK115BC. On both amps this pedal sounds great. I sometimes run my mexi strat through it to my brothers B-52 tube stack. This setup is also great. If I turn the sensitivity knob all the way down it mutes all signal running to the amp. With and without the distortion this pedal sounds great and original.

I play lots of different types of music but this pedal suits funk very well. I would like to compare this to the american one seeing as how at the moment both versions are $80. I really like this pedal with and without distortion. If I turn off the distortion and plug my big muff in to it I get some really sick tones out of it. All in all I've been very happy with this pedal. I would recommend trying this pedal out for yourself.

One of the reasons I got this pedal for such a great deal is because the jacks were broken and the 9v cord was ripped in two. The input and output jacks are both plastic and don't seem very sturdy. However, I fixed this problem with two spare jacks I had laying around and I bought some "heavy duty" 9v cords from radio shack. I probably wouldn't gig without a backup just because I don't have an AC-adapter for it and would be too scared to use it without one.

The Russian-made bassballs pedal is very simple and easy to use right out of the box. the pedal has only one knob and one switch; the switch turns the on-board distortion on and off, and the knob is a sensitivity control. The tone is pretty basic but very unique. Some people may call this an auto wah but it is actually an envelope filter. I traded a strat tremolo bar for this(I know it was a steal, but this guy really wanted the bar). I didn't get a manual with this but that would not have been any help to me at all.

santhony1987
    Always been curious about this one... can never find either versions of them anywhere.
    Tyler
    i have the american one, i love it, is the russian much different?
    Flummery
    i love it. at the lower end of the spectrum it sounds sounds really, really creepy.
    ersatz
    i got this and hated it, it works for some people but its not for me it sits in its wooden box under my bed. anybody want it? email treesindaplains AT yahoo
    skippy_moogoose
    I have the American Micro Version,I've gatherd from numerous sources its better built that the Russian, and since my Russian Big Muff arrived in peices I'm willing to belive, anyways, its a fun and funky pedal...