BassBalls Nano Review

manufacturer: Electro-Harmonix date: 05/18/2012 category: Bass Effects

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Electro-Harmonix: BassBalls Nano
The original BassBalls USA has been out for a while now, the Nano is exactly the same just in a smaller case with less controls. It's a Envelope Filter made for the bass, but also very 'Funky' when used with a guitar. Overall a brilliant pedal for reasonable price from an amazing pedal company.
 Ease of Use: 10
 8.7
 8.3
 2,987
review (1) pictures (3) user comments vote for this gear:
BassBalls Nano Reviewed by: BenGriffiths, on may 18, 2012

Purchased from: Andertons, Guildford

Ease of Use: The original BassBalls USA has been out for a while now, the Nano is exactly the same just in a smaller case with less controls. It's a Envelope Filter made for the bass, but also very 'Funky' when used with a guitar. It's really easy to use, just plug in and play, it has one knob, response and one switch distortion. This pedal included a manual, one sheet back and front. // 10

Sound: This pedal is amazing, its so simple, turn up the response and get a wicked vocal-wah sound, use it with the distortion on and it give you a mean growl, almost RATM style. I'm using this pedal with my Fender Modern Player Jazz Bass through my Laney RB3. Slap bass with this pedal is amazing, ever heard a sound so great. This pedal sounds great however is does have some echo, with isn't a problem when playing live in a band. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This pedal is in a solid metal box, no way you could break it, however I would recommend using it with a 9v adaptor. I would defiantly rely on this pedal without needing a back up. // 9

Overall Impression: I bought this pedal to experiment with, see how it works and I ended up with a great pedal that I can see myself using quite abit. The simplicity is great, whack it on and you get instant FUNK! Before buying this pedal I watched a review from Gear up on youtube, recommend you watch it before you buy it. I would without a doubt get a replacement if this pedal got stolen. Overall a brilliant pedal for reasonable price from an amazing pedal company. // 9

Comments