Bass-Drive Mosfet review by Fulltone

Fulltone: Bass-Drive Mosfet

Price paid: € 225

Purchased from: Feedback

I use it with my Squire VM Precision and my self-build amp at home and at a gig my Behringer BXL 3000a. The effect without boost has always improved my sound with more tone and improved low end. I mainly play in the clean channel and through the boost channel you can add slight distortion. In the FM mode you can get a really transparent overdrive with more high end. In the Vintage mode you get more mid and bass to get a real growly sound. You can also add Mosfet clipping to the FM and Vintage channels to get more bottom-end, more growl and nice overtones.

In my current band I play a lot of classac rock, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, ZZ Top etc. To play this kind of music I needed something to give me a rougher edge when I needed it but also give me a better clean sound. The Fulltone bass-Drive mosfet gives me all that and more with a boost channel to occasionally pop out a bass solo. If it was stolen I would certainly buy a new one.

This pedal is built like a tank and even looks like a tank. Made entirely out of metal and with the mini-toggle switches buried between the different knobs it's almost impossible to break something off the pedal. With it's tank-like build plus 5-year warranty you'll never need another one. It will survive every gig.

The pedal is fairly easy to use. I got my Fulltone delivered with an instruction manual telling what every knob and channel does plus suggestions to certain sounds. Only problem I had is the changing between different modes, f.e. between the clean comp-cut mode and the Fm mode, which is an overdrive mode.

Haanz
    weetadsftw : i doubt it doesnt sound as good as on a behringer than it does on a tube amp
    What?
    TromboneThunder
    hmm. probably "I doubt it sounds as good on a Behringer as it does on a tube amp." Except really, really muddled. weetadsftw, please retake middle school english.
    Bassmaster2000
    I have also tried it occasionally with tube amps and most of them got the same sound quality as my self-made amp so I didn't mention tubes. maybe should have done that
    guitarNbass
    But I guess pretty much all pedals have plastic knobs, didn't think of that, lol.