Bass-Drive Mosfet Review

manufacturer: Fulltone date: 06/17/2009 category: Bass Effects

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Fulltone: Bass-Drive Mosfet
It has a heavy-gauge steel chassis, solid footswitches and hardy plastic knobs with setscrew attachment. The design is exceptionally clever and versatile.
 Ease of Use: 9
 9.4
 9.8
 1,250
review (1) pictures (1) 6 comments vote for this gear:
Bass-Drive Mosfet Reviewed by: Bassmaster2000, on june 17, 2009

Price paid: € 225

Purchased from: Feedback

Ease of Use: The pedal is fairly easy to use. I got my Fulltone delivered with an instruction manual telling what every knob and channel does plus suggestions to certain sounds. Only problem I had is the changing between different modes, f.e. between the clean comp-cut mode and the Fm mode, which is an overdrive mode. // 9

Sound: I use it with my Squire VM Precision and my self-build amp at home and at a gig my Behringer BXL 3000a. The effect without boost has always improved my sound with more tone and improved low end. I mainly play in the clean channel and through the boost channel you can add slight distortion. In the FM mode you can get a really transparent overdrive with more high end. In the Vintage mode you get more mid and bass to get a real growly sound. You can also add Mosfet clipping to the FM and Vintage channels to get more bottom-end, more growl and nice overtones. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This pedal is built like a tank and even looks like a tank. Made entirely out of metal and with the mini-toggle switches buried between the different knobs it's almost impossible to break something off the pedal. With it's tank-like build plus 5-year warranty you'll never need another one. It will survive every gig. // 10

Overall Impression: In my current band I play a lot of classac rock, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, ZZ Top etc. To play this kind of music I needed something to give me a rougher edge when I needed it but also give me a better clean sound. The Fulltone bass-Drive mosfet gives me all that and more with a boost channel to occasionally pop out a bass solo. If it was stolen I would certainly buy a new one. // 10

More Fulltone reviews rating category latest review
+ Full-Drive 2 Mosfet 9.5 Guitar Effects 10/22/2015