PD7 Phat-Hed Bass Overdrive review by Ibanez

Ibanez: PD7 Phat-Hed Bass Overdrive

Purchased from: Zzounds.com

I have a Peavey 112 amp and if you put this through the Post EQ Efx Loop, it sounds like crap. Pure and utter crap. You have to run it straight. A very tiny bit of noise, but that's expected. All the setups for this sound great, even the fret noise is beautiful.

I play a lot of Primus and RHCP at the moment, which both have pedal-using bassists. With my Samick, I can get the crunch from Around The World or even Jerry Was A Racecar Driver. It's amazing. There is no doubt I would bring swift justice on the head of whoever stole it from me with random blunt objects. If you love the dirty bass sound, you need this.

It's a very solid pedal. Looks like it could stand a beating. I've only had it a little while, havn't gigged, but it's very well put together.

When I first got the pedal, it was pretty confusing to use. Really frustrated me the first couple of days and I actually thought of sending it back (man what a mistake that would have been!) After messing around with the settings they give you and tweeking around with that, it's easy.