PD7 Phat-Hed Bass Overdrive review by Ibanez

Ibanez: PD7 Phat-Hed Bass Overdrive

Purchased from: Music Plus

The sound from the pedal is awesome. I use a Ibanez SRX300 bas through a Ibanez SW65 amp. It is noisy though when you have your amp at high volume, there is a lot of static and if you are playing and your amp is up all the way you get a ear screaching high pitched noise.

I play mostly metal, punk, and rock. I use it mostly when I'm playing metal, it just sounds out of place when I play punk, unless I'm playing a bass solo. If it were lost or stolen I would definetly buy a new one, then find the guy who took it and kick his ass and get the old pedal back, then use one for Overdrive and the other for distortion.

The only way you can truley depend on this pedal is to buy the adapter, it eats away at batteries very quickly. I would definetly use the pedal without a back up. It's got a nice metal casing that could survive a nuclear bomb.

This pedal is pretty easy to use. It's got a level knob for the overall volume of the pedal, low an high EQ knobs, and a drive knob so you can choose how much overdrive or distortion you want. It has three preamp style voicings which are clean which overrides the drive knob, distortion, and overdrive. It's also got an attack switch with three settings; off, 1 or 2. Off is off, 1 is filtering out some highs, and 2 is filtering out even more highs.