PD7 Phat-Hed Bass Overdrive review by Ibanez

Ibanez: PD7 Phat-Hed Bass Overdrive

Right now I'm using a load of crap - Ashton AB2, Ashton BA15, but they dont sound too bad with the pedal. Yes, it is a bit noisy, quite a lot of feed back when using overdrive and distortion. The effect is nowhere weak, if get right settings it is insane! Using overdrive and cranking up the drive by 2 thirds you can get the overdriven sound of geezers amps at the start of NIB. And I also use for Anesthesia, you can get the sound quite close, all ineed now is the wah.

I play metal, hard rock and everything in between and it works fine with my style. This pedal is great, the only problem is the feed back. If it were stolen I would probably buy a new one.

It is built like a brick and the controls have got a locking system to not screw up your settings. I dont think I would need another one for back up, not so long ago I did a solo with it and had no doubts of screwing up.

The Ibanez PD7 Phat-pedal is so easy to use. This is the first pedel and is easy to understand. It has 6 simple controls: drive, lo, high, level, clean-overdrive-dist. switch, and 3-way attack switch.