Bass PODxt Live review by Line 6

Line 6: Bass PODxt Live

Purchased from: Long n Mcquade

The sound is excellent! It's got almost every effect, stomp, amp that you can think of. Yes, it comes with amp tones so you can plug right into a PA, say bye bye to your amp. The only thing that I have to complain about is the synth. It just doesn't sound right. Try it out, you'll understand. Also, if you have a Line 6 Variax bass, you can plug it in in a special slot. That combined with the POD = better then the pick of destiny.

Whatever style of music you play, you can make your bass sound like anything. You name it, it can do it. I've been playing with this thing for about a year, and it's been a smooth ride. The thing I like about it is that now everything is all in one (beside my tones on my bass). I've set up the first two channels with the tones I use most. There is room to put more if I need it. If someone stole it, I would buy it again. Don't try stomping in it with bare feet!

I depend on this thing alot. It's reliable, and pretty durable from what I've found. I wouldn't plan to throw it around due to the fact that it has some sensitive chips in it. You don't need to worry about having 4 pedals in series and if one fails, they all do cause this thing plug straight into the wall unlike other pedals. Only thing wrong with it is my wah pedal makes a squeaking sound. And a little L.E.D. cover came off.

The Line 6 Bass Podxt Live, coming completely stock comes with 16 channels each with 4 effect on each. Every single one is different, and surprising useful for stock effects. Your going to have to read the manual though if you want to make a home channel, delete effect, or edit them. Once you get the hang of it, it's not every hard to edit. I found out that you can upload effects to your computer and vise versa. People even upload them to the Line 6 tone library, on there website. it's a really cool feature, just load the effects of your favorite artists, and wallah! Even if you don't have the cord cause you lost it, or didn't get one (like me, I was so pissed) you can download the Line 6 editing device and see what exactly makes that tone. Takes alittle bit of work, but you get the same effect.

DougC84
    great product, BUT if you play guitar as well, or even have one lying around, the guitar XT Live is a better choice - it costs the same, you get double the memory banks, and you can buy a $100 expansion from line6 that will add all the bass amps, fx, and etc. to the guitar XT Live - thus allowing you to use more stuff! with that said, i love my XT Live. i play everything through it. it's amazing.
    harl91
    Yes, but do you really need 32 channels? LOL seems like 16 is enough for me.
    toussaia
    tieler09
    toussaia wrote: Dude, that was an okay review although it was kind of lacking in substance. I was hoping that you would go into your impressions of some of the modeling sounds. Why call the 16 banks of patches 'channels'. To me that's a deceiving term when used in this context. And one real criticism, please not only use a spell check system when writing reviews, but also use fundamental gramatical knowledge. Your uses of "there" in place of "their" and "your" instead of "you're" are common mistakes, but when you're reviewing a piece of equipment, I believe you should try to sound as educated as possible. Food for thought.....
    wow, that was harsh... but anyways that looks like a really cool piece of equipment to have. If I can ever get enough cash i might buy it.
    harl91
    Dude, you do not have to be a douche about it. I realize that I had made some grammar mistakes, but also realize that it is edited by UG staff. Ive never submitted a review before. To my surprise, the review wasn't exactly as I wrote it. So between the what I wrote and what they edited, there has bound to be mistakes.
    RememberMyName
    That combined with the POD = better then the pick of destiny.
    Whoa man, let's not go TOO far :p
    mangaka82
    well the only thing that bothered me was "wallah" It's Voila, like the french word for "there it is!" other than that, i make all those same mistakes too.
    redlad
    I got one last week, and its absolutely animal. Doing the presets on the PC is quality, and really fast
    pgreen29
    Douches like toussaia are exactly why more people don't even bother to take the time to try to help out others. Nice review harl91, thanks for taking the time to post it here on UG!
    Mr7K
    Im getting this I can't wait...plus I can finally record some songs I've written
    lautaroMAGARIÑO
    hi, I cant find in the manual how record the sounds and then keep in the memory (sorry but i dont know so much english)Can you help me, please? Thank you. my email is lautaro_m180@hotmail.com