Dual Bass Wah review by Morley

Morley: Dual Bass Wah

Purchased from: The Electric Room

This thing sounds amazing, the traditional wah is perfect. But wait a minute, suddenly you direct your vision a little to the left and you're presented with a big button that says 'funk' on it, what does does that do? Well this magic little button completely transforms the sound of the wah and opens up a whole new world of sound, it sort of widens the frequency sweep and adds a bit more emphasis on the low end of things, this is the mode which is aimed more at the 5 string side of things which was perfect for me, I never turn this little switch off. The vibe this effect gives off is great too, it adds a new dynamic edge to slap sounds and helps to draw attention to the bass on recorded stuff, it's great if you really want the listener to notice something. It's also great if you put another effect in the signal line on and then start wahing it, for example a distortion creates a cool vocal type of sound (hard to describe it without you hearing it), or you can wah the distortion effect really slowly and it sounds like a phaser.

I play metal with my band but I'm more partial to some funky slap when playing alone in my room, either way I always have this thing set in funk mode. The funk setting is actually great for metal, it really cuts through those crunching guitars and it doesn't sound out of place or anything, but if you play rock the traditional wah mode will probably be more suited to your needs. So to conclude I think the Morley is miles better than the Jim Dunlop CryBaby on sound, and lightyears better in build quality too. It is a little pricey off teh shop floor but if you hit and eBay shop like I did then you'll probably come across a bargain.

Morleys have a reputation of being built like nuclear bunkers and this one is no exception, the whole thing is made out of some tough metal, which makes it heavy but very strong, it's clearly built for gigging and I wouldn't even dream of taking a backup with me. Infact this thing is so tough that if I shot it with my 5.56 mm rifle I'm sure the round would just bounce off and kill someone, no joke I think it's bullet proof, so I won't be testing that little theory.

Well they don't come much easier than this; no silly threshhold controls and EQs to get bogged down in, just a level control which controls the over all volume level of the output. Nothing difficult to get your head round, just plug in and play.

lost_it_again
    fleainmakin wrote: its cool but the jim dunlop cry baby bass is better :M:
    I disagree, the cyr-baby isn't what it used to be, it's got really crappy build quality and some design problems
    Ibzman
    Morley is THE thing, try a Bad Horsie and you'll see that this thing own ANY Wah pedal on earth, ANY, it's so nice, hope I'll get one after I got a Mesa Rectoverb
    stuboing
    i tried this and its MUCH better than a dunlop for a start the sweep is bigger and with a distotion with it you can make some seriously unearthly sounds!! 10/10 for this bad ass wah!