Dual Bass Wah review by Morley

Morley: Dual Bass Wah

Purchased from: Sam Ash Retail Center

I'm using a '76 Ibanez Silver Series Jazz Bass with active EMG's for the punchy funk/rock style I enjoy with an Ampeg combo amp. While I enjoy using this pedal as a single unit, it sounds the most badass when paired with even light distortion, as it almost sounds like a phaser. The sound is always great and the dropoff from the wah to regular isn't all that big of a deal. I'd compare the sound to some of Les Claypool's more funky bass lines where there is a decent amount of wah and distortion involved. In my opinion, the higher level of wah the better the quality of the sound.

If you are a bass player looking for something to crank up the funk in a song, this is probably your best bet for a reasonably priced pedal. The funk feature is awesome (opens up the range of the wah for more defined highs and lows) and the standard sounds pretty good too. The only thing I would add is a distortion button and level knob and I'd be all set for a one-pedal gig.

I can say that I am entirely certain that this pedal is indestructible. It's extremely heavy and built out of steel or iron, not sure which, but I wouldn't be surprised if it could be run over by a car and survive. I'd use it without a backup, but I'd either use a 9v adapter (not included) or carry a couple of 9v batteries in case since they tend to run out after a fairly short while of playing (about an hour or two).

This may be one of the easiest pedals to use. While other pedals have complex EQ's that must be tweaked in order to get the sound you want, what you hear on this pedal is what you get. The only things that you have control over in terms of sound are the standard/funk button on the side and the level, which controls the level of 'wah' that is heard. It is incredibly easy to get a great sound out of, but the only drawback is that since it is automatic (pushing down the pedal activates it) there is a dropoff of the sound when you release the pedal entirely. This really isn't a major drawback though.

LordArbiter
    I like the sound Morleys put out, but I'll still take the Dunlop. I like to leave the wah on when I play sometimes and Morley wahs turn off when your foot comes off of them.
    synths
    I own this and i will say that it is flawless and insanely easy to use. I prefer the funk wah.
    Confused2316
    I've had this pedal for a few months, and for the most part, I love it. It lasts a lot longer on a single 9V than my distortion, and when I use both, I can get a perfect Cliff-ish tone. The only problem I've had with it is that when it's not being activated, it distorts the higher frets. But that could just be something going out in mine.