Bootzilla Bass Wah / Fuzz review by Snarling Dogs

Snarling Dogs: Bootzilla Bass Wah / Fuzz

Purchased from: used

I have two Fenders both active and a Peavey tour amp. There is a noticeable click when you activate either effect. I have tried but can't seem to get a good fuzz tone out of this pedal, there are much better distortion boxes out there in my opinion. The wah effect is amazing, full fat rich tone all the way to tight punchy funk. I'd give the wah a 10 and the fuzz a 6.

I have been playing about 5 years and play mostly classic hard rock and a little blues. I bought this pedal for the wah effect I have an overdrive I use for distortion. There aren't many songs I play that I use this but when I do it gets peoples attention. It is also the coolest looking pedal, it looks awesome on stage. If it were lost or stolen I would probably replace it or maybe just get a regular bass wah. I love the way it looks and don't care for the fuzz at all.

this thing is built like a tank it weighs as much as one of my basses. I would gig with this without a back up without worry.

It takes a little trial and error to dial in a good tone. The preamp controls are very touchy especially with a active bass. The button for the fuzz effect is kind of a pain in the ass to get to. The manual all 1 page including warranty info is very clear and concise.

milkface
    i just bought one. my eyes stop lighting up after a few days. but sounds badass though.