506 II Bass review by Zoom

Zoom: 506 II Bass

I'm currently using the pedal with a Behringer BXL450 ultrabass amp, sounds kickass, I haven't got many noise on some distortions and the ZNR (Zoom noise reducer) helps a lot on level 8 or so, some effects are weak but I found some pretty nice, I can play all Muse songs on it (if you custom the effects you get that sound) or Cannibal Corpse's Hammer smashed face, also, 36 banks to customize my own effects too is pretty neat.

I play death metal, with my BC Rich bass it has a knob to make it sound like cannibal corpse, if I combine that with the pedal clean effects I can get the sound I'm looking for so yeah it's a good match, If it were stole I would buy it again along with another pedal just to try something new, my favorite effect on the pedal is the Step mod combined with some distortion at it's max, overall it's a nice pedal.

I can say I can depend on it, my cousin (lead guitar) bought a Line 6 Floor POD multi effects, I prefer having my pedal than those other useless effects that I know I'm never gonna use (the Line 6 thing got a lot of banks and it's heavily customizable) I love my pedal.

At first it took me half an hour to guess how to use it, didn't want to use the manual, but after that it's pretty straight forward, you turn the knob and setup the slot then go back to play and jam with it, the manual gets a lot into the effects but doesnt't quite give you the idea of how to turn it on (you insert the input cable when it has batteries).