607 review by Zoom

Zoom: 607

Purchased from: H&H Music

I use a Washburn XB100 bass and a Kustom 10 watt amp. I have used it on other amps and the low wattage on my amp doesn't do this effects board justice. Some effects are really hard to make out. You'll be playing and it'll sometimes sound like your using no effects at all unless you turn your stuff up all the way (keep in mind I use a 10 watt amp). I listen to alot of Red Hot Chili Peppers, Linkin Park, and Offspring and I can hit every effect that Flea, Phoenix, or Greg K uses. There are some really weird effects and ome normal effects such as wah's and distortion. This one distortion effect is by far my fav effect. However, this effects board has 6 effects numbers to 6 different letters (ex: A1 - A6) and the whole F category is very annoying. Other than that it's great.

I play funk and punk music and this board is great for each genre. If it were stolen or lost, I would definately buy it again, but get a better amp than the one I have now. I have to say that the distortion on the effects board is what I love best about it. It also has a tuner in it that is really easy to use. I can't stand the annoying effects though so I cant give a perfect score.

I can always depend on this to get me a sound I come up with in my mind. It has so many different ranges of effects from wah's to synthesizers. If I were to play a show with this, I wouldn't need anything else. The battery usage is great too. I haven't had to change batteries for a month of non-stop usage of this board.

Well I got this for my bday and I must say that I'm impressed. I had some trouble figuring out how to turn it on, but once I found out, it was smooth sailing. It's really easy to use until you get to the knobs and the complex sound combinations, but even those are pretty easy to figure out. It wasn't too much of a hassle to figure out.

Flea's#1fan
    I bought this effect pedal about 6 months ago and sold it for half the price I bought it. I used it on a 200 watt amp and the effects remained weird and inconsistent with the volume settings. The levels on the effects were always off and when I was wanting a really meaty bass sound it always came out with no drive or power behind it through my powerful amp. I definitely wouldn't recommend this pedal for heavy duty amps and experienced players, but as your first effect pedal on a 10 or 20 watt amp its ok to experiment with. 4/10
    shut_up_you_***
    Whoa! I can't believe the reviewer gave 10 for "Reliability & Durability". It's made from plastic! Mine was very dodgy. When I had it, I had to keep tightening the wah pedal, as it was going loose. Also, my lead connection became very dodgy. I gave to someone as it was failing me bad. For a beginner, this is pedal which is good value for money. But once you've got enough money, move on from this as soon as possible. 5/10
    metaldude99
    if u think u sucks because it broke well watch this vid and it will show u how to fix it