B1 review by Zoom

Zoom: B1

Price paid: £ 59.99

Purchased from: www.amazon.co.uk

There are fourty effects. I'm using a Hiwatt Hurricane amp with a Tanglewood Rebel 4k. One of the settings gives of a wierd deep rattle on small amps (I have no idea why) but works fine on larger ones. Nearly all of the effects sound great, apart from a weak synth effect and an octave changer that only makes it deeper (an E string an octave deeper just sounds bad). I particularly like an effect where it makes it sound like a guitar is playing clean as well as the bass. This is great for songs where the bass is the same riff as the guitar.

I play a rock/alternative rock style. The distortion sounds great, the standard tone is fantastic, and the synth effects come in handy from time to time. I'e been playing for just up to a year now. This is the only effects I've bought, but I've used a few. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. I wish there was a heavier synth - the ones there are a bit weak - sounding in some songs.

I would definetely depend on this alone. The amount of sounds you can get from means you probably wouldn't need anything else. It is suprisingly tough - the outer casing is thick plastic. I take it everywhere that I take my bass. I would like to have something that has a bit more variety of distortion. Apart from that, it's great for everything.

This box is so easy to get a variety of sounds out for any playing style. You can edit any effect on it, using that effect as a starting point. The manual is a little complicated. I personally have the B1X, which has an inbuilt expression pedal on it. This is great for getting more of a variety from the pedal. Some of the buttons could be bigger - one is meant to quickly skip up ten effects but it's tiny, so it's easier to just stomp on the pad ten times.

junky_man
    What's the name of the effect you use for playing "time is running out" by Muse in this Zoom's bass multi effect pedal?